As you would notice, the website has been redesigned and given a better professional look. The layout has been modified with
a new logo and a few additional features. The website is not Web2.0 technology complaint yet but Community Forum service
(Bulletin Board), one of the elements of Web2.0 technology, has been added. Here are the highlights of the enhanced website:
- Community Forum (Online Bulletin Board):
allows you to ask questions, exchange notes, interact and thus engage yourself in public discussions on subjects of common interest.
- Google maps that display events/places associated with individuals.
- A pretty slick preview of media thumbnails (photos and documents). Just mouse-over any photo thumbnail and watch.
- Photo slide-show with time interval that you can control: For example goto "Photos" menu and click on any photo/document
thumbnail on the left. On the new page, click on the "Start Slide Show" option.
- Ability to create individual/family or arbitrary-subject albums and use it for slide-show.
- Questions that you always wanted to ask: covers topics like:
- Navigation Aid.
- How the community members can help build the website?
- Other frequently asked questions.
- Random Photo display from the Gallery.
- Birthdays, Anniversaries, and Deaths.
- Newsflash and/or New Announcements.
- A Poll for Rating the Website.
A new section named "Features" has been added. It is our intent to publish well researched and thought provoking articles/papers
having significant bearing on the socio-economic fabric of the community. Besides their educational value, hopefully, this forum would provide
a platform to present mentally stimulating and intellectually challenging ideas that would attempt to address our community ills and issues. The essays or articles
may broadly fall under following categories.
- Art and Culture
- Customs and Folklore
- Literature and Biography